January 6, 2012

2012 Home Organization Challenge

I have been in desperate need to organize my home.


I mean, it seriously needs some de-junking.


Have you ever watched one of those "hoarding"shows?  I have.


I do not want my house to ever be like that.


So, I have to get started now...


But, my problem is where to start?


This is where the home organization challenge comes in!


Actually, I'm trying to do two things.  I found a calendar that picks one thing to organize in you home each day.  It breaks it down to one shelf, or one bookcase.  Simplified.  That's what I need.
The other thing is a weekly challenge.  It targets a larger area, but still broken down.


Take week one for example: Kitchen organization: countertops and sink.
I can do that.


The calendar for this week listed these things to do: set up a donation station, declutter the top of cabinets and dust, declutter top shelf of one cabinet, organize spices and throw out expired ones, put all your cans together on one shelf, and clean out freezer and throw away old food.
I can do this!


This is exactly the plan I need.  Break everything down.  and if it is not an area I have, I can catch up on something I didn't have time to finish.


Ultimately, I love the advice...don't beat yourself up for not finishing in one day, just start again the next day!


I can and will get my home organized this year! Even if it takes me all year to do it!  It has to get easier once you get going, right?

No comments: